Friday, November 6, 2009

What a week! Growing and Adapting....

Things are starting to pick up in what seems like a slow market. I brought on four new accounts! Two of which are Legendary Investment Groups Home Management Service. Owners taking advantage of the great buys in Sunny Arizona want someone to look after them as they wait to retire. Ive prepared a thorough inspection form as well as several different packages to be tailored to a variety of different needs.




I also got to institute my greeness or desire to be greener by impressing owners with my knowledge of AC units and R22 over R410A.


Check out this link for information on the tax credits and regs very interesting! Let's sell more homes!! Get this market out of the gutter. PHX Biz Journal - Real Estate Purchase Tax advantages!


On a gloomier note, my business partner acquired a home back from Deed in Lieu of foreclosure. We kept the supposed tenants in the home and asked that they enter into a lease agreement and fill out an application. Since she was already there I didnt qualify her like normal new tenancies. BIG MISTAKE. At the end of the tenants lease she requested that she get a month extension, which we granted her for a slight increase. She didnt pay NOV rent, she promised that it was in the mail and it being her last month I did not immediately pursue eviction. Toward the end of the month I got a weird feeling so I sent a 5day and then gave it to my attorney as of Wednesday we had a judgement - I met the locksmith at the house yesterday and found many items stolen including but not limited to the SINK! the bathroom vanities, the dishwasher, and much more! Wrong move they made was leaving trash in the garbage with their real names on bills. They falsified their application and after speaking with the neighbors I found out they knew the old owner. It sounds like something you'd watch on A and E - but, these are things you have to watch out for. ALWAYS run credit checks! Never make exceptions even after the consent of the owner.



Im Nancy Drew the Property Manager... you will not hurt my clients.... :-) I've filed a police report and a consumer fraud report with the Attorney General.



If the police do not investigate because this is claimed to happen all the time I will FREAK OUT. If they do nothing this will continue to happen. I've seen it alot. WHY NOT do it if there are no consequences? RRGGH. This has got to change. Let me know if any one has any ideas!



Stay Tuned!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE FOR RENTALS in SCOTTSDALE, AWHATUKEE, AND OUR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES IN PHX, AZ at http://www.legendaryinvestment.com/







Kelli J. McHattie

Designated Broker

Legendary Investment Group

7411 E. 6th Avenue Suite 206

Scottsdale, AZ 85251

(480)347.3600 office

(602)670.7809 direct

(480)347.0295 efax



http://www.legendaryinvestment.com/

follow us on on facebook at Legendary Investment Group on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say about this?